Your privacy is important to us. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing communication from us. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. As far as possible we will try to hold information about you which is accurate and up to date. In order to ensure this we will, from time to time, need to contact you to update our records. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. Please inform us if you notice any incorrect data held about you and we will amend and correct it promptly.
Your credit card transactions are secure. All on-line orders are encrypted and sent through a secure server on Paypal. Confidential information such as your credit card number will be used only to fulfil your order. To protect your privacy, we will ask you to enter your credit card number, expiration date & card verification code (3 digit number on the back of your card) each time you place an order with us. This way, even if someone else accesses the account information stored on your computer, they will not be able to use your credit card.
The Nutrient Gap - Terms and Conditions
Sometimes it’s helpful for you as a client or us as your supplier to be able to refer to points of reference such as these. Many of the points below won’t be relevant with most of our clients but sometimes problems do happen and it’s better we set them down in writing ‘just in case’.
Before we start working together:
· Before we can begin any work for you, we require a letter or email from you accepting our Proposal/Quotation and confirming that we can proceed with the work.
· If your company works with purchase orders, this letter or email should include those details and any other that will be necessary for us to invoice you.
· If this is the first time we’ve worked together and you need our banking details, we will provide them at this point if you haven’t already asked for them.
· If you need additional information to set us up in your system as a supplier in order to process payments, please ensure we know about this up-front when you ask us for our Proposal/Quotation for your project. If you don’t and we subsequently have to spend many hours supplying information in your preferred format, we reserve the right to charge an Admin Fee to cover that time.
· For projects with a value of less than £2000, we will invoice the full amount on receipt of your confirmed request to do the work.
· For projects of value greater than £2000, we will invoice £2000 on receipt of your request to do the work and the balance 30 days later or when the project is completed, whichever is sooner.
· Payment terms are 14 calendar days after the invoice date. We reserve the right to charge interest on any overdue balances at the Bank of England base interest rate as well as a ‘chasing fee’ of £50 for each time we write or call to remind you that the payment is overdue. We sincerely hope this won’t be necessary.
· We are not VAT registered so we don’t add any VAT to our prices.
· Most of our projects do not incur any ‘extras’ due to the nature of the work we do.
· However, in the event that we do incur additional costs, clients shall pay expenses incurred by The Nutrient Gap Ltd in connection with the execution of the project including but not limited to:
o incidental and out-of-pocket expenses including telephone calls, postage, shipping, couriers, presentation materials, photocopies, parking fees, taxis, and accommodation
o purchase of necessary samples if not supplied by the client
o mileage reimbursement at 55p per mile
o travel expenses including transportation, meals, lodgings
· All additional costs outside of the proposal will be agreed and approved by the Client in advance and will be invoiced separately.
Cancellation or postponement of work
· When we accept your request for work, we block out the hours or days to do that work for you. Any cancellation or delay to your work cannot be easily mitigated. If a project for which we have been engaged is cancelled by you or if your samples or information don’t arrive in time for us to work on your services, we reserve the right to charge for any of the projected time that can’t be sold to another client.
· If cancellation of an entire project occurs and you have already paid up-front, we will refund you 50% of the project costs or hold 60% of the value on account for you to use at a later time but no more than 6 months after the date of the cancellation. Refunds will be made 14 working days from your acceptance of this condition, if appropriate. Credit not used within 6 months will not be refunded.
· If cancellation is for only part of the project – for example, you planned for us to work on 12 samples, and only sent 8, or you reduced the number of services taken compared to those specified in the quotation, we will refund you 40% of the unused part of your quotation, or hold 50% of the value of the unused part for you to use at a later time, but no more than 6 months after the date of cancellation. Refunds will be made 14 working days from your acceptance of this condition, if appropriate. Credit not used within 6 months will not be refunded.
· In addition to the above amounts, we will add any project-related expenses either already incurred or committed to as a result of starting the project.
· If you believe you’re going to need to postpone the work you have asked us to do, please contact us immediately that you know this. Depending on how big the project is (and so how much time we’ve set aside for it) and how long you need to delay it, we will discuss with you whether any postponement fees are required.
· Both The Nutrient Gap Ltd and the Client shall keep the confidential information of the other party confidential and secret. We shall only use the confidential information supplied by the Client for the purpose of delivering the project. This will not apply should The Nutrient Gap Ltd or the Client be required to disclose information by order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
Circumstances beyond control
· Neither The Nutrient Gap Ltd, nor the Client shall have any liability under or deemed to be in breach of our agreement for any delays or failures in delivery of the project which result from circumstances beyond the reasonable control of that Party. If such circumstances continue for a continuous period of four weeks or more, either Party may terminate the Agreement by written notice to the other Party.
· Any Agreement between The Nutrient Gap Ltd and the Client shall not constitute or imply any partnership, joint venture, agency, fiduciary relationship or other relationship between the Parties other than the relationship expressly provided for by the project agreement. Neither Party shall have, nor represent that it has, any authority to make commitments on the other Party’s behalf.
· For the absence of doubt,
o ‘Parties’ means The Nutrient Gap Ltd (Company Registration Number 13213404) and the Client and ‘Party’ shall mean either one of them;
o ‘Project’ means the scope of work outlined in the Proposal;
These are our standard Terms and Conditions; we will willing consider adapting them as long as everyone’s needs, rights and responsibilities are respected, and as long as any amendments are understood, accepted and agreed in writing before a project commences.
Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.
The laws of England and Wales shall govern this agreement and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claims between the Parties relating to this Agreement (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.